The Dr. Coyne Scholarship
Veterinary students have a long, challenging road to travel before they can become practicing veterinarians. To help these students achieve their goals, Dr. Coyne established the Dr. John Coyne Veterinary Scholarship. Not limited to students in Northwest Indiana or Chicago, this scholarship is offered at Purdue University in Lafayette, University of Illinois, and Ross University in St. Kitts.
Three recipients are chosen for the Dr. John Coyne Veterinary Scholarship. Valued at $2500 each, scholarships are disbursed equally over each session/semester beginning in the January 2020 academic year and ending December 2021.
- Be enrolled at Purdue University Lafayette, University of Illinois or Ross University
- Have successfully completed or transferred at least 24 credit hours
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on the 4.0 scale
- Be focused on small animal care
- Complete an essay in 500 words or fewer on this topic:
- What inspired you to study to become a veterinarian? Describe your passion to become a veterinarian, along with the specific area of focus in which you are interested.
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or leader in the community who is familiar with the applicant, but not related
- Be enrolled for each session/semester at the time of disbursement
The future of veterinary medicine rests on the shoulders of our students. We're extremely proud of their dedication and work ethic and are thrilled to be able to support them through the Dr. John Coyne Scholarship. If you are currently a veterinary student at Purdue University Lafayette, the University of Illinois or Ross University, we encourage you to apply.