Extended Summer Internships
Over the summers we offer a longer term summer externship in which students have the opportunity to work with us as veterinary assistants. Our program allows veterinary students the perfect opportunity to perform immersive hands-on work and continue their learning in a real clinical setting. This extended position term is flexible but typically lasts anywhere from 4-10 weeks. The technical and interpersonal skills that students gain during this time are invaluable to their growth and success as future veterinary professionals.
Some responsibilities as a veterinary assistant will include:
- Supporting the doctors and technicians as needed in daily patient care
- Learning to use diagnostic equipment to analyze and interpret
- Learn and refine preparation and monitoring of patients before, during and after surgical
- Client education
- Pharmacy duties
- Much more!
Our long term programs have limited availability. To be eligible for the extended summer externship program, you must be:
- A current veterinary student enrolled in an accredited doctor of veterinary medicine program in good academic standing
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Available for a 4 to 10 week period during summer break and have a flexible schedule (32-40 hours a week) including evenings and weekends
- Able to provide own housing and transportation